Lalatina

Progress: 17/555 pages
Plenty: One Man, One Woman, and a Raucous Year of Eating Locally
Alisa Smith, J.B. MacKinnon
Progress: 45 %
Swann's Way (Remembrance of Things Past, #1) - Marcel Proust,  C.K. Scott Moncrieff This is a very tough book for me to review since I don't feel like I have gotten the full experience of Proust's writing. After finishing the last page, I knew that this is a book to be read not only once but several times. There are many subtle references and connections I know I missed.

My strategy going in was to read it for the story and not to worry about interpretations or how the writing was constructed. For me, it was easier to read it on my Kindle so that I could highlight a word or phrase and then instantly Google it. Very handy.

I also have to confess that initially I was thinking 'what in the world is the big deal', but once I entered into the world of Swann and Odette I was hooked. The cadence of the story telling is lovely.

One thing is for sure, Proust's influence on writing cannot be underestimated; a great case in point is in the book I am currently reading [b:1Q84|10357575|1Q84 |Haruki Murakami|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1359439026s/10357575.jpg|18160093];the heroine of the book is working her way through Proust's work. Fun to watch someone else having the experience.